Monday, March 9, 2009

The Resistance




Great show last night.

First up was The Resistance. Three of this five-piece from Dublin/Kildare (including an affable, violin-playing Yank, who really is Irish) came round to the studio in East Wall to play a set and promote their new album.


Dave, Rob (or Rock, as I heard it) and Eanan blew me away. Wow. I had confided to Dave earlier that I was getting a little tired with the new music I've been hearing here and there, like it's all a bit samey.

Somewhere between the Shins and I don't know, somewhere else cool (it's Monday night, for fuck's sake, I have no vocabulary), yep they were great. Lovely off-chords and harmonics, gorgeous vocals and a violin sound which made me want to cry.


As in it was so good.


Check out their myspace and catch them live, deffo. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment